Tuesday, October 17, 2006

My dear reader,

I received an email this morning that knocked the wind out of me...

"Ben, Bernays will go down in the footnotes of history as a complete s.o.b. and precursor of Dubya. You should be ashamed of trying to sell Barnays as any kind of role model." -Probir G.,

I AM NOT ASHAMED. How dare Probir tell me I should be ashamed. Shame is such an ugly emotion to wish upon another.

Persuasion has many faces, few of them are pretty.

I'm TEACHING you to learn the mechanisms of persuasion primarily for two reasons:

1) I see the world as more stable when there are more small business owners as opposed to a few large centers of power; and...

2) The more people that see through these mechanisms the more people we have calling B.S. on the governments of the world.

Tonight at 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific I'll do my best along with the lovely and talented Michelle Chance on our teleconference... Dial-In to the Conference 1 (712) 432-3000 Enter your Bridge number 938678

We'll discuss tricks that make search engines rank you higher. This helps your online exposure.

This may seem like a small technique, but it can be used to manipulate reality.

Sixty years ago Hitler made a go for world domination. The techniques of persuasion you learn from me and from my friends come the most extreme sources.

I'm getting my PhD from RPI and one of my teachers did a rhetorical analysis of a Nazis propaganda film...hers was far better than most I have read, and it still felt way behind what Dave Lakhani, Kevin Hogan and Blair Warren are studying and proving and demonstrating.

It is foolhardy to imagine that my friends are the only ones studying the mechanisms of persuasion. NO, IT IS NAIVE AND DANGEROUS to imagine that governments and corporations aren't studying these tools and techniques.

On tonight's call, we take things slow and easy. 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific I'll
Dial-In to our Conference 1 (712) 432-3000 Enter your Bridge number 938678

If you think the techniques of hegemony are limited to governments, then WAKE UP and read books like "Thought Reform and the Psychology of Totalism: A Study of Brainwashing in China" and compare these techniques with P&G sales techniques...Is it a coincidence they both employ having somebody write down statements? NO!

So, somebody telling me I should feel shame for teaching these techniques to small business owners is clueless!!! The BIG BUSINESSES are already using these techniques!

I focus on making you money. I'm teaching how these techniques of mass persuasion get used.

My biggest qualm with what Probir wrote is that he speaks the truth: "Bernays will go down in the footnotes of history..."

BERNAYS deserves whole books written about him!

Do me this favor, if you want to tell me I should be ashamed for what I'm teaching first read The Culture Code: An Ingenious Way to Understand Why People Around the World Live and Buy as They Do by Clotaire Rapaille



AND COMPARE THIS BOOK TO THE BERNAYS
video
I suggested was worth watching.

Come on the call tonight, ask questions, learn how to make more money.

Ben

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben Mack said...

Recent email...

"Ben, Probir's reference to the current President should be
put to shame. George W. is not using the techniques
of Propaganda. The media and the Elite Left use
the techniques to sway public opinion each and every day.
Innuendos with no proof and sentences taken completely
out of context are par for the course these days in our media.
We don't get facts any longer. We get political rhetoric from
our media pushing the agenda of the left. We get their opinions
instead of facts. Our headlines on the front page and the
articles that follow are editorials not reporting of news.


So Probir, let's keep our political leanings to ourselves
and use these forums to learn and understand how marketing
works. This way, we can both learn who is using propaganda
and who is not.

Keep up the good work Ben.

Thanks

Joe"

Joe,

Thank you. I agree with your point that
we have trouble getting facts. I appreciate
your passion on this topic.

If you want to know my opinion on media,
please see my book Poker Without Cards...

You can buy it on Amazon, or you can download
it for free here:
http://www.greylodge.org/gpc/?p=558

Thank you again for your considerations.

Ben

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home